Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Wisdenworld”, “Wisdenworldcom” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 24 Warminster road, Westbury, Wiltshire BA13 3PE, registered company number: 06446597 (VAT No: 970618211). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of this website’s pages is for your information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
From time to time this website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the link website(s).
If you wish to return any item then of course, that is completely understandable. We all make mistakes and it is our intention to be as courteous and understanding as possible. Items may be returned, properly packaged, within fourteen days of purchase for a full and unequivocal refund. In the case of items that are retained for longer then please contact us. It is unlikely that we will accept such items.
Our commitment to your privacy
We recognise the importance of protecting your personal and confidential information in all that we do and we take care to meet our legal duties. We put in place all reasonable technical, administrative and security measures to protect your personal information for the whole of its life in whatever format we hold that information. We are committed to your privacy and handling your information openly and transparently.
What personal information we collect
We process personal information in physical or electronic format to enable us to process your orders made on our website, via the internet, on the telephone or in person and to promote our products and services and to maintain our relationship and our financial accounts.
The personal information we process may include:
- Identity: includes first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact: includes company name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers, country
- Financial: We DO NOT retain any card payment or bank details.
- Transaction: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical: includes IP address, logins, browser type and version, language, time zone, location, access time, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Profile: includes any username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests in our products and services.
- Usage: includes information about how you use our website, access our marketing emails, products and services, demographic information automatically collected.
- Marketing and Communications: includes your preferences and consents in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
Where we collect personal data from
We may collect personal information from the following sources:
Personal information you give to us
When you contact, register, or purchase from us:
- When you contact us
- When you buy our products
- When you update your information using our online forms
- When you register with us or create an account on our website.
Personal information gathered from our website
- When you use or access our website we operate website analytics software, including Google Analytics
- When you visit our website, we may use technology which automatically collects technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies.
Personal information from third parties that we work with
- When you participate in an interaction with us via a third-party technology platform, such as Facebook or via an emailer (Mailchimp)
- If any information you give us relates to a third party, by providing us with such personal data you confirm that, you have obtained any necessary permission to use it or are otherwise permitted to give it to us.
Personal information in the public domain
- Public social media posts.
If you choose not to give personal information:
We may need to collect personal information by law under the terms of a contract with you. If you chose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling a contract to provide products and services and meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot provide you with our products or services that you have purchased from us. We will notify you if your choice not to give personal information to us would result in a delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. In this case we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we use your personal information
We process information about you and/or your business to enable us to provide our products and services to and to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. This will not include sharing it outside of Wisdenworldcom Limited or Wisden Collectors Club Limited.
The reasons why we may process your personal information are:
- To respond to your communications to us via call, email, mobile message, online messenger
- To determine which product is most appropriate for you
- To manage your account with us
- To deliver products and services to you
- To provide you with information that you have asked us to send to you
- To provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you
- To provide you with details of relevant products
- To manage and improve our website
- To protect our business interests
- To meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
When we send you information we think you might be interested in, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us or by following the unsubscribe instructions in our communications.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
Who we share your personal information with
We will never share or sell your information to external companies for their own marketing purposes.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below to complete a sale, respond to your communications, send you information about products and services
- Specific third parties whose websites or facilities we use such as UTP, WordPress, QuickBooks, Paypal, Gmail, Google Drive, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Royal Mail and Couriers
- Government authorities as required by regulation or law e.g. tax authorities, courts
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may post links to third-party websites and use plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Our website and social media pages and groups allow you to share content with other users. Any personal data you contribute to these can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users, so any information you contribute to these might not be handled in line with this privacy statement.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of Wisdenworldcom or Wisden Collectors’ Club. After you stop being a customer:
- We may contact you for up to 10 years, unless you have asked us not to send marketing messages to you
- We may keep your personal information for longer than 10 years for one of these reasons:
- To respond to questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- For a period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the products or services
- To maintain records according to legal, tax and accounting requirements and documented business need
- we cannot delete it for legal, insurance, regulatory or technical reasons. In these circumstances, we will make sure that your privacy is protected.
Transferring your personal data internationally
Personal information we hold about you may be transferred to other countries (which may include countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)), in particular:
- Technology providers based internationally, such as Mailchimp
- Network partners and local professionals in other countries to provide our products and services.
We rely on performance of the contract as the legal basis for this transfer as it would not be possible for us to perform the contract without working with local professionals in your desired countries.
These providers and partners have their own privacy policies to protect your personal data.
Some countries may have less stringent privacy laws than we do, so any information they hold can become subject to their laws and disclosure requirements, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons.
How we keep your personal information secure
We use a range of measures to ensure we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These include:
- limit access to restrict access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a ‘need to know’ basis, who are subject to a duty of confidentiality
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti- virus software
- using state of the art technology providers who take privacy seriously.
The transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. So although we use appropriate measures to try to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us. You are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data via the internet.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we use it for marketing:
We may use your information from time to time to inform you by letter or email about relevant products.
This will be if you have purchased products and services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered your email address to opt into our newsletters, a competition or a promotion and have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can withdraw your consent and ask us to stop sending any marketing messages at any time. If you want do so, please contact us in writing to us at our address: 24 Warminster Road, Westbury, Wiltshire BA13 3PE. Please allow up to 30 days to remove your details from our marketing database.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, product or service experience or other transactions.
Your legal rights
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third-party sources from where it was obtained, confirmation of whether or not we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences)
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data; withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to a third-party
- ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing
- object to our processing of your personal data.
If you want us to stop using your personal data
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and the ‘right to erasure’ (or the right to be ‘forgotten’).
We may be able to restrict the use of your personal information so that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate
- It has been used unlawfully, but you don’t want to delete it
- It is not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims
If you want us to erase your personal information
If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal information, or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the personal information we hold on you. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the personal information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted. There may be legal reasons why we need to keep your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please do so in writing at the address above. Once we have received your request we will respond within 1 month. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will need to verify your identity as a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information, exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, you can contact us.
We would always appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns, so please contact us in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with our response to your request or you believe that we are not processing your information in accordance with the law, you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK by:
- calling on +44 (0)303 123 1113
- visiting their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
When browsing Wisdenworld and the Wisden Collectors’ Club, cookies are placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are small packets of data that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your hard drive. Cookies allow us to track the items you search for, browse and display. No other information is stored within a cookie.